Facelift Surgery for Men
“Everyone was so nice and friendly. They made the whole experience, which could have been very scary, absolutely wonderful.” Beautologie Patient
- A facelift or neck lift is a surgery to remove excess, sagging skin from the lower half of your face. This skin can cause deep folds, jowls and wrinkles in your neck.
- A facelift is often done in conjunction with a neck lift. Some people may be a candidate for a mini-facelift (which does not tighten the neck). Our surgeons will tell you what option is best for you at the time of your consultation.
- A facelift surgery is a 3-6 hour procedure done at our surgery center. The recovery is 2-4 weeks during which time we will see you weekly or more to assure you are healing well.
- A facelift is often combined with other procedures to help the upper portion of your face, such as a brow lift or eyelid lift.
- Fat transfer can also be used to augment the cheeks and fill wrinkles at the time of a facelift.
According to the latest statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), more men are seeking plastic surgery than ever before. In fact, six of the top ten fastest growing cosmetic procedures for men were surgical, with facelifts leading the charge. And it’s not just celebrities, models and actors who are seeking out help from a skilled plastic surgeon such as the ones at Beautologie Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center in Bakersfield—it’s your average Joe, professional or business owner as well.
Facelifts for Men
Just like their female counterparts, baby boomer men may be hitting “retirement age,” but they sure don’t want to look like it. They keep their bodies young and fit by working out hard, and they want their face to keep up, which would explain the 14% uptick in male facelifts. And although the procedure for men and women is the same, there are some issues to consider that are unique to the male facelift such as the hairline, hair growth and beard growth. If your hair is thinning or you’re bald, it’s especially important to go to a highly trained plastic surgeon, as hiding your incision scars will take the artistry and skill that our expert plastic surgeons possess. Our surgeons are experts at a natural, soft look that will leave others wondering what you did to look so good.
Most men want a natural, refined look. Our surgeons here at our Bakersfield practice are experts at creating a youthful, yet subtle change in our facelift procedures.
So really, if you’re feeling younger than you look, come in for a male facelift consultation.