Liposuction for Men
“(My doctor) and the office were amazing. Loved the surgery center and the follow up care I have received. I honestly can't say one bad thing about my experience.” Beautologie Patient
Visit our before & after photo gallery to see our excellent liposuction results for yourself and find out what we can do for you.
- Liposuction is a procedure performed under general or “twilight” anesthesia. The duration of the surgery varies with the number of areas, but is usually 1-2 hours long.
- Liposuction is done through tiny incisions using long tubes called “cannulas” to remove fat under the skin.
- Cellulite is not treated with liposuction, although other treatments are available.
- Recovery takes only a few days, but you may be bruised for a couple of weeks. Swelling takes a few months to a year to completely resolve.
- After the procedure you will sometimes wear a special garment for 4-6 weeks.
- Many areas can be treated, including the neck, abdomen, chest, armpits, thighs, buttocks, back, and upper arms.
“Love Handles” -- the term may sound affectionate, but most men loath the troublesome fat that seems to grow out of their sides as they age. This is why this area, along with the chest and abdomen, are the most common spots for liposuction in men.
Liposuction for Men
Liposuction is a procedure in which a small, thin tube known as a cannula is used by the plastic surgeon to suction fat in the targeted area through small incisions in the skin. It is currently the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world according to the latest figures from the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS). Simple and safe, liposuction in men is extremely effective at reducing specific pockets of fat and re-contouring the body. If you suffer from love handles, chest fat or surface abdominal fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, then liposuction could be your answer.
There are a number of different liposuction techniques practiced by the surgeons at Beautologie Cosmetic Surgery & Laser Center. In general, since men have more fibrous fat than women, ultra-sound is the technique of choice. Ultra-sound “melts” the fat, thus making it easier to remove.
Recovery time for liposuction is usually quick, with most patients returning to work in just a few days. A compression garment must be worn for about a month, but it’s easily hidden under clothes. So, if you’ve got pesky areas of fat that won’t budge, come in for a liposuction consultation. It could change your life. Or at least make those golf shirts hang a little better!