NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW
YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY, THE PRIVACY OF YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US
We are required by applicable federal and state law, including the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), to maintain the privacy of your medical information. We are also required to give you this notice about our privacy practices, our legal duties, and your rights concerning your medical information.
You may request a copy of our notice at any time. For more information about our privacy practices, or for additional copies of this notice, please contact us using the information listed at the end of this notice.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices and the terms of this notice at any time, provided such changes are permitted by applicable law. We reserve the right to make the changes to our privacy practices and the new terms of our notice effective for all medical information that we maintain, including medical information we created or received before we made the changes.
We may use and disclose medical information about you for the following purpose: Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations:
- Treatment: We may use your medical information to treat you or disclose your medical information to a physician or other healthcare provider providing treatment to you.
- Payment: We may use and disclose your medical information to obtain payment for services we provide you.
- Health Care Operations: We may use and disclose your medical information in connection with the normal course of operating our practice.
We may contact you to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures of your medical information will only be made with your written authorization or in response to legal requirements such as disaster relief, court orders, suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence, or in certain instances affecting national security.
You have the rights with respect to your protected health information which you may exercise by written request using the contact information at the end of this notice:
- The right to request additional restrictions on the use or disclosure of your medical information. We are not required to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by our agreement which must be in writing.
- The right to inspect and copy your protected health information.
- The right to request amendments to your protected health information.
- The right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your personal health information for other than treatment, payment, healthcare operations or pursuant to other authorized disclosures as stated above.
- The right to obtain a copy of this notice
If you want more information about our privacy practices or have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the information listed at the end of this notice.
If you are concerned that we may have violated your privacy rights, or you disagree with a decision we have made to amend or restrict the use or disclosures of your medical information or to have us communicate with you by alternative means or at alternative locations, you may contact us using the contact information listed at the end of this notice. You also may submit a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. We will provide you with the address to file your complaint upon request.
We support your right to the privacy of your medical information. We will not retaliate in any way if you choose to file a complaint with us or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
|Office Contact:||Office Manager|
|Address:||4850 Commerce Dr., Bakersfield, CA 93309|