8 Face Lift Alternatives
Even if you’re not ready for a face lift, you can still look younger. There are numerous anti-aging treatments, as well as lifestyle changes, that can help set the clock back a few years. If you’re a 20-something, these steps can help you maintain a youthful appearance.
1. Reduce your sun exposure. Apply sunscreen twice a day. If you’re active outside on a regular basis, cover up with a hat or long sleeve shirt.
2. Don’t drink heavily, smoke, or use illicit drugs. All these habits can lead to premature signs of aging.
3. Start using a quality skin care regimen every day. Visit us to find out if you’re a candidate for Retin-A.
4. Get microdermabrasion or a facial every month to exfoliate.
5. Maintain a healthy body weight. Avoid dieting! Instead, commit to eating fresh fruits and vegetables and getting regular exercise.
6. Botox® Cosmetic and injectable fillers at a relatively young age can stop wrinkles when they first begin to appear.
7. Minimally-invasive surgeries like eyelid surgery or an endoscopic brow lift can correct the signs of aging that fillers can’t.
8. IPL treatments and fractional lasers can reduce unwanted pigment and stimulate collagen, with no downtime or minimal downtime.
Set Goals and Maintain Realistic Expectations
Non-surgical treatments are alluring due to their convenience, low risk, and low initial cost. However, beware of the infinite number of gimmicks that have been introduced. They claim to provide results comparable to a face lift, but most of them don’t even come close.
The truth is that face lift results only come from face lift surgery. It’s important to care for your skin and maintain a healthy lifestyle, but if you’re a candidate for face lift surgery, and you want tighter and more youthful-looking skin in your lower face and neck, the best long-term plan is to simply get the face lift.