Eyelid Surgery for Men
“My experience was awesome. Everyone in the office is just great. I felt comfortable, welcomed and very satisfied from start to finish. Thank you so much I am totally glad I chose Beautologie.” Beautologie Patient
Eyelid Surgery Videos:
- An eyelid lift, also known as a blepharoplasty, is a 1-2 hour surgery to help the appearance of your upper or lower eyelids.
- Upper eyelids sometimes have excess skin that folds over and occasionally can obstruct your vision. The upper lid blepharoplasty helps to correct this.
- Lower eyelids can get “bags” or looseness that makes you look tired or swollen. A lower lid blepharoplasty can help rejuvenate this area.
- The surgery can be done on either your upper lids or lower lids, or both at the same time. Occasionally, a brow lift is also performed simultaneously to achieve total rejuvenation of this area.
- The recovery time for the procedure is about 1-2 weeks where you should rest your eyes and allow the swelling (and occasional bruising) to resolve.
The eyes, able to express a wide range of emotions from surprise to sadness, are often referred to as the “windows to the soul” for a reason: they’re one of the first things that people notice about your face. This helps explain why cosmetic eyelid surgery, otherwise known as blepharoplasty, was the 4th most popular elective cosmetic surgery procedure performed in the United States last year, with over 15% of those procedures performed on men. And for those over 50, it was the most popular procedure. Why? Because when your eyes look younger, it literally takes years off your face, making you feel brighter, fresher and more confident.
Eyelid Surgery for Men
Sagging skin beneath the eyes, drooping of the upper lid beneath the brow bone, and crow’s feet are typically the first signs of aging on the male face. While exercise and good nutrition can keep your body young and supple, and proper skin care, including the regular use of sunscreen, can help maintain the smooth texture and soft feel that is associated with youthful skin, the pull of gravity is unavoidable. It will affect everyone at one point or another. So if you’re someone who looks in the mirror and doesn’t love what he sees, who feels that his outside no longer reflects his youthful inside, then an eyelid surgery from our Bakersfield practice could be the answer to your problems.
The skilled surgeons at Beautologie Cosmetic Surgery and Laser Center in Bakersfield are experts at both the upper and lower blepharoplasty. As the name suggests, an upper blepharoplasty reduces the sagging skin of the upper lid, opening up the eye and giving a slight lift to the outer corner, thus reducing the severity of any crow’s feet. A lower blepharoplasty, on the other hand, is ideal for eliminating the bags and puffy skin that are common in the aging eye. Your surgeon may suggest one, the other or both. All of these options will be discussed with you in detail during your initial consultation, so call our Bakersfield location today and find out whether or not an eyelid surgery is right for you.